LED display boards, also known as electronic display screens, provide high brightness, minimal energy consumption, long life, and durable performance. An LED board is made up of three main parts: the LED module, the controller, and the power supply.
Connecting more than one LED module together will result in a larger display. LED modules come in single-color, full-color (RGB), and two-color versions. Traditional LEDs can lose their brightness if left in the sun for too long. Special LEDs that are resistant to sunlight have been developed.
A controller (also known as a motherboard) is made up of an LED display driver and memory, along with a backup battery.
The power supply has a regulated adapter that has a fixed voltage and a specific current range, which is dependent on the number of modules connected to it. When connecting the power supply, remember that if the + and – symbols are connected in reverse order, the controller as well the LED modules will be damaged.
Download digital sign software to the device before you can program it. You can download the software via an online link or some manufacturers offer CDs that you just need to install on your PC.
- Open the application after the software has been installed and follow these simple steps:
- Enter the number of LEDs in width and height on your LED display
- Select module type. This is the distance between two LEDs placed next to each other. The closer the distance the better the resolution.
- Turn off the default setting
- Select luminance
- Select the frequency of refresh
- Click Finish to finish your purchase
- Connect your computer to the controller.
- Click on the program button
- Click on the text
- Enter text to appear on your digital display
- Click to send
- Save on controllers even after the USB cable is disconnected.
The purpose of icons:
- Review – to view how the text will appear
- U disk – save the program to a USB drive
- Time – to display the calendar on the screen
- Clock – Display the time on the display
- Temp – to display real-time temperature
- Count – Count the reverse days of the month/week/year on your display
- Send – to save the program in the controller
- Hypertext 0 for LED module displayable format conversion
If you have an RGB module, you can add beautiful effects to your text as well as vibrant colors.